Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

I LOVE candy bars, but I hate having to chose one. I stand in front of my selections and usually just end up staring at them. I could be weighing pros and cons of each candy bar, but I don't. I JUST STARE; secretly hoping that one of them will pick me. I usually get so frustrated waiting for one of them to jump up into my cart that I end up buying 3 or 4 so that I can continue the debacle when I get home.

What makes decision making so tough? Is there a way to be better at it? Can I just hire somebody else to make all my decisions for me?

Decisions are tough even when the consequences of a decision are harmless. At least when I have to pick out a candy bar I end up with a candy bar. Decisions with potentially adverse effects require much more time, planning, and guts.

I have been single now for 29 years. WHY? Because for me to change that I'd have to make a decision that could have adverse effects, and I can't just get 4 and decide later. Sometimes I wish we still lived in a society where your parents picked a mate for you and you had to just make it work. I'm really good at making things work. I've also been guilty of just waiting around hoping that one would just jump into my cart. I could continue with this analogy, but I just made a decision to stop before I get into trouble.

What do you do when you're forced with a decision that you simply don't want to make? As I watch the presidential debates and news coverage I have to keep reminding myself that one of these dullards is going to be our next president!! How did this happen? Both parties had good nominees, and we got left with the ignorant charmer, and the awkward veteran. For the first time in my life I feel like our election is a game of "Would you rather".

I have voted republican since I was 18. I'm pro-life, anti-gun-control, I think health care should be left alone, immigration stopped, and illegals shipped back to where they came from. Parents should decide what's best for their children not school districts; it should be abstinence education, not sex education. Global warming is NOT man made, Marriage should ONLY be between a man and a woman, and our strong military is the ONLY thing that keeps us safe. I don't believe we should pull out of Iraq any time soon, and I believe that going in there in the first place was the right decision.

However, somehow I think George Bush was the worst president we've ever had. Not because of Iraq or Catrina, but because with today's media its hard for Americans to like and trust a president that gives HORRIBLE speeches. If you're a smooth talker like Obama it doesn't matter what you do, Americans are going to trust you again and again. America is a battered wife. As long as her drunken husband tells her he's sorry afterwords and that he'll never do it again she'll stay with him.

As an American we have a responsibility to vote. I just don't want to feel responsible for voting for either of these two dolts. I'm voting for Romney.

1 comment:

stephanie beals said...

Amen!
It is very sad that it has come down to those two guys, to be the leader of the free world. Very scary!